Thursday 31 May 2012

From The Review Pile: Starters



Source

From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.
Starters (Starters, #1)
Okay first things first, the cover really creeps me out and also really others me. It just looks like a rather boring 3D model that's been left without any textures, and the hair looks too stiff. I also just can't deal with this blank face staring at me, so it's currently weighed down by a few other books.

The story itself sounds really interesting, though I've seen some less than stellar reviews of it, most of which seem to be saying that the idea is fantastic while the storytelling is lacking.

From Goodreads:
HER WORLD IS CHANGED FOREVER
Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, go on the run, living as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie's only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills run by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man.
He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders—seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie's head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator's grandson. It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party—and that Prime Destinations' plans are more evil than Callie could ever have imagined. . . .



5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the cover of this one, I really don't like it. I've heard that it's apt for the story though, once you've read it. I think the premise does sound very interesting, so I'd love to read this one. Hope it's enjoyable and thanks for joining in From The Review Pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound interesting! I hope you enjoy it even though there have been so-so reviews :)

    Here's my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/throwbacks-review-pile-53112.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the cover! Thanks for showcasing this.

    Here is my post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Creepy cover! Sounds like a great book though. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.