Friday 25 May 2012

TGIF: Show Me Your Cover


Show Me Your Cover: What are some of the worst book covers, but hold some of the best stories inside? Don't be embarrassed, show us your cover! 

I honestly can't think of many books that I've read recently that I've hated the cover of. If I see a book with a cover I dislike I will tend to seek out an alternative cover version I prefer, because I'm fussy. But here are a few examples of covers I really don't like for books that have good stories:

This cover isn't awful, it's just the boy that irritates me. He's pretty, I guess? But his hair bugs me so much, and it's so painfully obvious that he isn't holding that sword! This is an adventure book and yeah the cover fits that really well so I know I'm just being picky. But even when I showed the cover to others, they all commented on the sword.

I really liked POD but the cover says nothing about the book. It shows a POD and poses a question but...that's it? It's the story of two kids trying to survive the end of the world! Surely they could have something something a little more...eye-catching? I would probably miss this on a shelf.

I loved Dear Dylan but this cover annoys me. The heart implies that it's a love story, which it isn't. It's about a teenage girl trying to cope with her life and her awful step-dad, it's about friendship and family really. There is a little bit of love in there, but it's not the main focus. It also bugs me when the writer's name is in a different or bigger font that the title.

This week at The Paralian Girl:

To come:
Something For The Weekend
Sunday Catch Up

2 comments:

  1. Those covers do look pretty bad, I agree with the sword too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to say the same thing as Kelsey, ha. that first one would maybe have benefited from the person who did the Percy Jackson books? ~dixie

    ReplyDelete

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.