Thursday 17 May 2012

From The Review Pile: Fallen In Love

I'm shaking up the blog a little. Rather than doing Thursday Thought I'm going to be trying out From The Review Pile instead and see how it goes! Every Thursday I will be featuring a book from my review pile, because it can take a while to get around to them.

From The Review Pile

From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.
So, on with this week's first entry!

Fallen In Love by Lauren Kate
I haven't read anything by Lauren Kate, but a friend of mine read the first book and really disliked it so I'm a little unsure. Most reviews are pretty positive, so we shall see! If any of you have read it then let me know what you thought!

From Goodreads:
Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story.
And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories combine over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in Medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they
least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding-and losing love. Arianne pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. And for the first -and last- time, Daniel and Luce
will spend a night together like none other.
Lauren Kate's FALLEN IN LOVE is filled with love stories . . . the ones everyone has been waiting for.
True love never says goodbye. . .

3 comments:

  1. I've read all of the Fallen books so far apart from this one. I don't think that they were dreadful, but they weren't wonderful either, in my opinion. I know a few people who LOVE them though, so I hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's on my pile, too. I've read all the others, but I think I'm going to wait till right before the release of Rapture to read this one so I can refamiliarize myself with everyone again. It's so hard when there's a year between books! :P The actual writing in these is good...it's just the characters and there actions that are somewhat lacking. I like them well enough, though, to finish the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read all of the Fallen books, but I really only liked the first one. I had a copy of this one that I was borrowing but I didn't read it, I just lost touch with the characters I guess. But maybe you'll like it better though, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.