Tuesday 29 May 2012

Page Turners: Blue

I am still reading The Pledge and to be honest I've barely made a dent in it. It's taking me a while to get into the world and the characters so I'm hoping that it'll start to grab me soon. It's not a bad book by any means but it's just not really enticing me to keep reading at the moment.

So, today's alternative suggestion is:

Blue is an amazing comic that I found purely by chance one day. I think that another comic artist I follow tweeted about it, but I'm not entirely sure because it was ages back. I love Blue. I love the style and I love the story. It's a bit like Stand By Me meets District 9.

You can also read it online if you want to, for free. How generous is that?!

From Goodreads:
Blue is the debut graphic novel of Australian cartoonist Pat Grant. It's a fascinating blend of autobiography and fiction with a sci-fi twist: in a seaside Australian town struggling with alien tentacle-creature immigration, a trio of aimless teenagers skip school to go surfing, chase rumors of a dead body, and avoid dealing with their own fears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.