Saturday 21 January 2012

Something For The Weekend

Something to eat:

Cream teas
Have cream teas for breakfast! My boyfriend and I have done this twice this week because we are greedy piggies. It's been really grey and miserable here but cream teas are a sure fire way to brighten your morning! Plus they don't have to be as crazy fattening as you might think, or you can look at it the way my boyfriend does "you're supposed to have a big breakfast!", your choice. If you can't eat cream for one reason or another you can get dairy free options and there's a few recipes about online you can try out! My boyfriend took the photo by the way, and yes I do own an awesome cat teapot.

Mexican Lasagna
Okay so I sort of mixed together two recipes I found online and also altered them. The two recipes are from here and here

But what I used in my version was: Tortillas, black beans, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, ketchup, Tabasco, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, grated cheddar cheese and chopped jalapeños. I did it all in the over too because I'm lazy and we don't have a cooker upstairs just a little counter top cooker and I didn't want to go downstairs to fry things. 

I mixed together the chopped tomatoes, ketchup, Tabasco, and jalapeños. Then I mixed the black beans and sweetcorn together in a separate bowl. Cooked the onions and peppers in the oven until soft, then mixed them with the sauce together. 

Covered the bottom of a cake tin with some salsa, layered some tortillas on top that I ripped into four pieces. Then a layer of sweetcorn and black beans, then the sauce, then cheese. Tortillas, sweetcorn and black beans, sauce, tortillas, cheese and finished.

I only cook for two people so feel free to keep layering as much as you like depending on how many people are eating it! My boyfriend was very impressed and requested that I make it again so that's always a good sign! Plus everything in it is pretty cheap to buy and you could easily swap the cheese for faux-cheese if you are vegan or allergic to dairy.

Image from Pinterest
This is really easy to make. Get some strawberries, pop them into an ice tray, fill with melted chocolate, freeze and voila!

Something to make:

Image from here
I don't know about you but I always seem to have tons of piles of paper around and I spend far too much time rummaging through them searching for that elusive piece that I need but can never find. I also tend to have lots of cereal boxes around because we recycle our cardboard and sometimes it piles up. So, why not put them to some use? You might want to reinforce the 'shelf' first but that's easily done and it save buying one of those racks that are so often plastic and ugly.

Something to style:

This ones more for the girls, or from some daring guys with amazing long hair.

Image from here
Image from here
Whether you are bored at home or going out here's some cute hairstyle that might be fun to try out.

That's all that I have to share with you today, let me know if you try out any of these and what you think! Especially if you're not a UK person as I know that cream teas are really hard to come by abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.