Tuesday 24 January 2012

Page Turners: Norwegian Wood

I am still reading The History Keepers and I haven't got very far because it's a big, thick book. So far it's been pretty good although the writing style irks me at times and I'm already sick of people having amazingly coloured eyes brimming with intelligence and smouldering attitude. So, I will be recommending an old favourite.

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
So, as I mentioned with Goodbye Tsugumi I really like Japanese novels. Norwegian Wood is one of my absolute favourite books and I've read it many times. Every time I re-read it I fall in love with it all over again. It is self-indulgent but I quite like that. At times characters can seem a little shallow, but I wonder if some of it gets lost in translation. I love the descriptions, I love that it's about a place I've never been to but most of all I love the feeling of it. I can't really describe it but it's a book that leaves me feeling happy but also melancholy and I tend to feel at a loss of what to do with myself for a while afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.