Sunday 24 June 2012

Sunday Catch Up

As you may have noticed, there's been less weekly updates. This is because I'm working on a project that I'm hoping to do on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays! So most of my week has been spent on my usual work but also on this project, which I'm not telling you about just yet because I'm a big meany.

Today my parents came to visit! My mum texted me the other night to ask if they could pop down and of course I said yes. Every so often they like to come down to see me and we go out for lunch, have coffee and just generally chat. They enjoy the change of scene and we also enjoy simply seeing each other.

This I love about seeing my parents:
We go out for lunch
We walk around town or along the beach
We then go somewhere different for coffee and maybe ice cream
We talk about what my sisters are up to, what other family members are up to, what I'm doing right now etc
They bring me new plants
They bring me food, often treats like chocolate and biscuits, this time they also bought weird instant curry things
My mum often includes odd little things, this time it was lots of pairs of socks and a half finished knitted blanket she thought I might like to complete
My mum always says hello to the gerbils and rats, even though she doesn't really like rats because their tails creep her out
They often pop in to say hello to my fiancé's grandma even though they don't have to, which is really kind. It's also pretty funny because my mum is deaf and my fiancé's grandma has Alzheimer's.

I especially love my parents because when I say things like "I'd really like to *insert activity here* one day" they don't just laugh at me. In fact they usually ask me how I would do such a thing, if you can make any money out of it and tell me that I might as well give it a go.

So, my fireplace now has two lovely green plants sitting on the hearth and the cupboard is stocked with yummy things! Hope everyone had as nice a weekend as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.