Thursday 28 June 2012

From The Review Pile: Starcrossed


Source

From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.


Starcrossed

This arrived yesterday. I haven't looked into it much but it sounds a little...run of the mill? Gods seem to be the new big thing in YA. We've had vampires, we've had werewolves, we've had angels, now it's time for gods and goddesses. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm cool with trends and if it's what people want then it's what they want. It only irks me a little because whenever there's a trend there are some books that are right on the money and some that are way off base. I hope that Starcrossed is right on the money. I've seen a lot of really positive reviews for it but I've also seen some that completely run it into the ground until it's nothing but dust.

So, it should be interesting.

From Goodreads:
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is--now it's getting harder. She's having nightmares of a desperate desert journey, visions of three women weeping tears of blood. And why is she possessed by the sudden, unstoppable urge to kill the handsome new boy in school, Lucas Delos?
A love written in the stars . . .
A feud started in ancient Greece . . .
A curse not even the gods can break.

1 comment:

  1. I think with Starcrossed, you have to really be in the mood for it. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I know a lot who didn't and I could understand their complaints, but those same complaints didn't bother me while I was reading the story. I really enjoyed the sequel, as well. Hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it. :)

    Thanks for sharing! Here's my Awhile on the Pile post. Happy Thursday! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.