Thursday 8 March 2012

Thursday Thought: Kony 2012

Kony 2012
I'm pretty sure that everyone is aware of the Kony 2012 video that's circulating the internet at the moment. It appears on my Facebook several times a day and I'm already discussing it on two forums. But it shocks me that so many people were unaware of Kony, the LRA and just generally what's going on in Uganda. I don't expect people to know everything, I don't and most of what I know it because a friend of mine lived and worked in Uganda.

But guys, please research things before you start jumping on bandwagons! It's not hard. You have the internet and therefore instant access to millions of pages of information.

Look I've even done some of the hard work for you to give you a start:
The Daily What - On Kony 2012

There's just a handful of various people talking about Kony 2012. It took me about two minutes to find them all. It probably took me longer to link them from my blog. So it's not hard.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be activists, it's fantastic to see people taking an interest in things outside of themselves and wanting to make a difference. But don't just sign any old petition that sounds positive. Be intelligent and question things! Don't just go along with the crowd. Read around the subject and then make your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.