Sunday 4 March 2012

Sunday Catch Up

I went to my parents' house for the weekend because it was my Mum's 60th birthday party. So here's what I did this weekend:

One sunny weekend the sun came up and POP! Out of bed came a small and very cuddly Molly. She started to look for some fun. She cuddled one cat, two dogs, two gerbils, two mice, two guinea pigs, three small children and a chicken. But she still wanted more fun. On Saturday she ate through one three bags of crisps, several pickled onions and gherkins, one spoonful of coleslaw, one handful of carrot sticks, one handful of celery sticks and a handful of chips. Then she came home, ate through half a pizza cuddled three rats and four gerbils. She sat in her house and stayed inside for more than two weeks and then came out as a beautiful butterfly...wait...scratch that last bit.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

My fiancé and I got the train up to my mum's (she's a few hours away) on Friday morning. We bought lots of food for the party then all went out for Thai food. Saturday we set up the dining room for the party and filled up the pinata's for the kids to smash later on, they were in the shape of 60. At the party was my Mum and Dad, me and my fiancé, my niece and two nephews, my sister and her partner, his parents, then later on my other sister arrived to collect her sons. So there was quite a few of us! Then today we drove back, went out for Italian and my parents went home.

My fiancé's highlight of the weekend was when I went down the garden and came back in with one of my mum's Bantam hens for him to cuddle on the sofa.

So yes, now I'm home! My parents sent us back with leftover cake, wine and plants for the garden. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.