Friday 16 March 2012

Feature Friday: Bread

I wasn't sure what to feature this week, but seeing as I've already talked about tea and cats in past posts I feel that I can get away with this.

I like bread. I don't eat it all that often because I'm never sure what to actually eat it with. I don't like sandwiches all that much, so I rarely eat those unless it's something delicious like hummus and sweetcorn or cheese toasties. I also never put butter in sandwiches, it's disgusting, but I do like butter on toast and on vegetables. Go figure. As a kid I went through a stage of eating bread and drinking water all the time. I would get slices of bread, pull off the crusts and rolled the bread into a ball, then nibble at it. I have no idea why. I'm pretty sure that's not normal...

So, you've guess it. Today is all about bread!

I have made bread a few times, both in the form of loaves and in the form of pizza bases. I love making bread. There's just something very fun and very satisfying about it. It's also super easy which I love because I hate when things go wrong. I'm one of those people where if a recipe goes wrong I throw down my tools and walk off in a huff to sulk in a corner somewhere. Bread doesn't tend to do that to me. It's generally been well behaved.

There are lots of bread recipes that I really want to try out, such as these delicious looking beauties:

Cinnamon Sugar Pull-apart Bread
Walnut and Carrot Bread
Browned Butter Soda Bread
Pierogi 
Scandinavian Rye Bread
Don't they all look yummy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.