Sunday 13 November 2011

Sunday Catch Up

Well I am writing this on Saturday night because tomorrow my parents are coming to see me and give me a nice dining table. At the moment we eat on our laps which, if you are as messy an eater as me, you will know is a total pain. My boyfriend also has long hair, longer than mine by a good few inches, and I can't help but watch in fear that he might dip his hair in his food or something. No one wants hair soup. So, my Mum found us a table that folds down for just £15 at a church charity shop. 

In other news I have finished my masters and received my feedback. Feedback is one of those lovely but equally annoying things because you really want to read it but at the same time you're dreading it. Especially if you're like me and tend to think that your work is either amazing or the worst thing to ever crawl out of a gutter.  With my first novel I'm currently waning on the gutter side of things. But the feedback was surprisingly positive, aside from a few negatives I'm already well aware of. The most funny/annoying thing about feedback is when you have two markers and one says they don't like something while the other says they do like it. That happens a lot, and if it happens to you, don't worry about it. I always suggest going with your gut because no one knows your story and your characters like you do, but that's a subject for another blog post.

In-between rearranging the furniture in our front room, putting together a new chair and footstool, dragging the broken chair down from upstairs and hiding it's sins under a throw and avoiding tidying our bedroom, which looks as if a clothes bomb went off in there and I'm not even joking, I have been re-reading and continuing with my second novel. I am doing this for NaNoWriMo because it's good motivation. This isn't really my second novel though, technically I started it way before my first novel, nearly three years ago, but never mind.

When I haven't been writing, I've been writing. I write around 6,000 words a week for an advertising company, which is also my first proper, paid, writing job. So yes, my time is generally spent writing, reading, drawing, watching TV, eating, sleeping and writing some more! I wouldn't want to do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.