Wednesday 23 November 2011

Coveted Cover: The Spook's Apprentice

The Spook's Apprentice by Joseph Delaney
A few days ago I mention that I loved the old covers for The Wardstone Chronicles, so I thought I would feature them. This is what half of my copies look like and the rest have the new covers. I adore this version, I love the faux leather look and the embossed, almost glowing, writing. The books are written as the diary of the main character, Tom, and I think this makes it look more like a diary. Whereas this is what the new cover looks like:


I think it looks like a novel rather than a personal diary. It's still a great cover, still attractive and it probably is more attractive to potential readers. But the old covers will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.