Wednesday 25 April 2012

Coveted Cover: The Fifth Elephant

Illustration by Josh Kirby
Illustration by Paul Kidby
An oldie but a goodie, I love pretty much all of the covers for Terry Pratchett's Discworld series but I do prefer Paul Kidby and Josh Kirby's illustrations overall. I love these versions of the covers compared to the more simplified editions such as this:


 Although I do think it's very pretty, it doesn't scream "exciting but silly fantasy" at me like the others do. I would like the cover of my book to be as good as either cover, but I'd really love for it to scream at passing shoppers so they'll stop and peruse it, and then buy it.

By the way, I'm currently listening to a cassette audiobook version of The Fifth Elephant read by Tony Robinson (Baldric/Time Team presenter) from 1999 that I found at the charity shop. After a bit of fiddling, the ribbon had become twisted and I'm guessing that why it ended up in the charity shop in the first place, it's working and it's marvellous. I listen to audiobooks as I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.