Friday 6 July 2012

TGIF: Comfort Reads


Source


Comfort Reads: Which books do you go to for comfort & familiarity?   Is there a type of book you seek out when you're needing that extra bit of comfort in your life?

My favourite books that I can read and re-read time and time again without getting bored, even though I already know the story, are:

Norwegian WoodThe Awakening and Selected StoriesGoodbye Tsugumi

number9dreamSolanin

All books that I love. Mostly books I read pre-twenties. Mostly character driven, introspective and/or fantasy. I would say that the books are all written with quite 'lyrical prose'? Four books are set in Japan, one is set in America and two are set in a fantasy world.


4 comments:

  1. I should read some Murakami, I think. Or else I'll forever feel stupid. :'D Damn..

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. KNow perfectly well what you mean. Familiar books are often the best books if you're searching for comfort. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE The Hobbit. It was brilliantly written and so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fantasy books but haven't read any of these yet although The Hobbit is one I hope to read soon too.

    ReplyDelete

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.