Thursday 23 February 2012

Thursday Thought: How Much Do You Spend On Books?

How much do you spend on books each year?
How much have I spent on books in my life?!



I was looking through my review pile the other day which consists of about twenty books both read and unread. That doesn't include other books I have waiting to be read that aren't for review. It doesn't include comic books, graphic novels or manga. It doesn't include all the books I already own.


I read about three books a month, plus one or two comic books. I aim for around 50 books a year. Luckily I don't have to buy reading books much at the moment thanks to my reviewing gig (they're sent from publishers for free) so that saves me a fair chunk. If you have the spare time and love reading, look around for websites and blogs that need reviewers, you get paid in books! I used to review manga and anime too which worked in the same way but was less frequent than the website I now review for. I probably still spend a good few of hundred a year on comic books alone. But I'm sure we'd all agree it's money well spent!

Image from: Prettybooks
What about you?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Paralian Girl - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.